Thursday, June 7, 2012

Guy Quilts

I finished two quilts last week, and I am proud to say I even quilted them all by myself.  They are both quilts for teenage boys.  I've never made a quilt for a teenager, much less a teenage boy so I was very sensitive about not making the quilt look girly or toddlerish.  

My Sunday School class is sponsoring a cottage full of boys at a children's home this year.  We are giving each boy a big birthday bash and he gets to choose what he wants to do.  The first party was last week and we had a laser tag party.  FUN!  The main gift is the party of course but I wanted to give each boy something to remember our class by and to let them know they are loved.

This is a quilt for Travis, he likes guitars...



and here's the back.


This quilt is for Robert.  I saw this quilt a while back on another blog and copied Leigh's great idea.  The simple stripes are just so perfect to me.  I'm calling this side the front.


This is the back.

Both boys were completely surprised to get a quilt and seemed to really love them.  I hope they will keep them forever!


2 comments:

Debbie said...

really nice 'guy' quilts. I especially love the 1st...good going!

Laura said...

I LOVE that first one - it really pops ;) i must pinterest it :)